- As the saying goes, “It takes a village to raise a child”, and the same
is true for creating and maintaining a positive and nurturing school
environment for an entire student body. Building a tight knit
community of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to
building a solid foundation of support creates a lasting impression on
staff and students alike.
- When it comes to helping, a little can really go a long way. Spending
once a week or even once a month making copies, cutting lamination,
helping at the salad bar/library, school events, etc. makes a HUGE
difference to the students, teachers, and our community.
- Everyone has something to offer. You don’t need to be an expert
craft person or outgoing person to volunteer. There’s a lot of behind-the-scenes
work to be done that doesn’t require anything other than a true willingness
to give your time and energy. Everyone is good at something, which
means everyone has something to offer.
- Your child will benefit. Helping to oversee some of these programs and projects
will give your child a more meaningful school experience- and that should be
motivation for anyone.
- You’ll feel good! Not only will your volunteer efforts pay off by enhancing your
child’s experience on campus, you’ll feel pretty good about yourself, too.
Doing for others feels right, and it’s contagious.
It is a great way to meet and connect with the teachers, staff, and other CCE families.